Information We collect through Our website (‘cookies’):
We collect certain types of information from Your web browser via 'cookies' when You use Our website.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites or sometimes by emails. They provide useful information, which helps in all sorts of ways. For you, it means you can use the site more efficiently and save time by not having to re-enter your details each time you visit. They also make sure you receive the most relevant information from us.
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit
- Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites
- Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners.
Some of these cookies are essential and some are non-essential. Essential cookies: Certain cookies are necessary in order for you to use our website. These are used 'in-session' each time you visit and then expire when you leave the site. They're not stored on your computer and they don't contain any personal data. However, you can delete them via your browser if you wish to, but this will restrict the functions that you're able to carry out on our site.
You'll find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone browser, please see your handset manual.
How Your Personal Information is used:
We will use Your Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To perform business and system processes connected to Our Services, for example recommendation, giving opinions including participation and to comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- Research and statistical analysis in connection with improvement of Our Services and products
- To customise the website according to Your interests
- To contact You for market research and participate with external analytics, search providers.
- To inform You about new products, special offers or other information which We think You may find interesting. We will only do this where You have indicated that You would like to receive such information.
This list is not necessarily exhaustive as changing business needs or external factors may influence the use of the information We hold.
Where will Personal Information be held?
The Personal Information that We collect from You may be transferred to, or processed or stored in any country, including those outside the European Economic Area. To ensure We meet Our obligation to adequately protect Personal Information We will:
- Ensure the purposes and processing associated with any such transfer will comply with all applicable data protection regulations in the UK and EU
- Ensure that any parties to whom We pass Your information agrees to treat Your Personal Information with the same level of protection as required by the data protection regulations in the UK and EU.
How long will Personal Information be held for?
As part of Our commitment to Your privacy, We will not hold Your Personal Information for any longer than is necessary. Your Personal Information will be retained in accordance with Our records retention policy, based on the relevant legal and business requirements and, accordingly, the retention periods for Personal Information will vary according to the nature of the information held. In most cases, information will be stored for seven years, but longer periods may apply to comply with regulatory or legal requirements.
In most cases, when We process Your Personal Information We will not contact You for consent, for example:
- When We are under a contract with You to provide Our Services
- When We are complying with a legal obligation
- When We believe it is in Our legitimate interests and proportionate to our objective, and that the use of the Personal Information is not overly intrusive.
Your rights regarding Personal Information
You have the right under current legislation to request a copy of the Personal Information We hold about You, often known as a subject access request.
If You wish to request this Personal Information, please write or send an email to Our Data Protection Officer.
You also have a right to:
- Ask Us not to process Your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
- If Personal Information about You is wrong or incomplete, ask for this to be rectified
- Ask for Your Personal Information to be deleted.
- Ask Us to send You the Personal Information that you have provided to Us.
- Ask us not to use Personal Information about You.
- Ask us to provide Your Personal Information in a machine-readable format.
In the event of a complaint regarding the Personal Information We hold, please refer to Our Complaints Procedure or contact Our Data Protection Officer.
If you remain dissatisfied, you may refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information is available on their website: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
Data Protection Officer
Telephone: 0844 9955 627